Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the Hardest Thing about Writing?

Today I'm being "hosted" by Book Junkie! Here's one of the questions:

For you, what is the hardest part of writing a novel? Concept, Characterization, Plotting, Writing the story, Synopsis/Query letter writing, etc.?

I think it's ALL hard! Thank goodness I don't have to do it for a living! Characterization is a challenge. I do better if I take time up front to flesh out the characters before I start writing, but if I've been inspired, I'm off and writing before I've got a full 'picture' of a particular character in my head. And writing the story often comes down to just putting my butt in the chair. I often find it more enjoyable to just daydream and fantasize about it...getting it onto the computer screen is much more difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment