Friday, November 13, 2009

Tomboy Talk

Today I am 'talking' with Marianne Arkins about why I wrote "Last Chance Rescue" from a male point of view. Here's how the post starts:

"Did you consider yourself a tomboy?"

When I was a kid, all the neighborhood kids ran around together. We were a mini-gang and we were outdoors all the time, climbing on jungle gyms, playing tag and hide-and-seek, creating chalk drawings, running through sprinklers or building elaborate snow forts.

I never fell out of a tree. I never broke a bone. I didn't play organized sports (not that I didn’t want to, but that’s another story).

I didn't have dolls, but I had LOTS of stuffed animals, each with their own name and personality (hmm ... the early writer in me??).

So...no...I never felt like a tomboy!

But...

Read the full interview here!

No comments:

Post a Comment