Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"My Defining Moment" on today's book tour stop

Today I'm at LONG LIVE CHICK LIT! Here's a teaser...

I've tended to “grow into” each new identity.

Being a writer is no different.

Perhaps I should pause here and try to define the difference between "writer" and "author" (in my opinion). I do this because I've been a writer since I was in my teens; I wrote for fun and relaxation with no thought to ever being "published." Almost anyone can write (maybe not well, but they do).

Being an author, on the other hand, requires a more intentional approach - and a whole lot more persistence! (And in many ways, it's also tied to publication.)

Until recently, I didn't consider myself an author.

In fact, I'm still getting used to the idea (e.g., "growing into" that identity)!

So what was the defining moment?

There were two...


Read the rest here!

No comments:

Post a Comment