Friday, September 24, 2010

Published! In Press Pause Now


I got a motivational boost today: I received a copy of the anthology Press Pause Moments: Essays about Life Transitions by Women Writers, in which my essay, "The Great Motorcycle Spirit," appears.

This collection of beautifully crafted tales reflect upon change, adversity and celebration. As women we look at life transitions in many ways, sometimes one layered upon the other. However, when we press pause, inner voices become quiet long enough to pay attention to what is going on within us and around us - and we realize the need to make change happen, and become greater than our existing selves.

"The Great Motorcycle Spirit" is a sometimes funny, sometimes wistful look at the transitions in my life, as seen from the vantage point of riding a motorcycle. An excerpt:

So today I am going back to my roots, so to speak. Today, I am, simply…a biker chick. Today I will seek comfort and tranquility where I have found it so many times before: in the arms of an “iron horse”...

Find more information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment