Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January: Prime Writing Time?

Normally January is prime writing time here in Minnesota (the weather encourages indoor activities!) - in fact, it's usually kind of boring - but I am startled (pleasantly, in some ways) by the fact that it's February already. The only writing I got done in January was a pitch letter for a major contest (less than 300 words - but it's GOOD).

We had a bout with the flu (everyone in my house, one after the other, except my son) that lasted 10 days. I finally hired help at work and have been spending a lot of time training him (which I don't particularly enjoy). And since he needed a computer, he got mine and we got a new one for ME - and it took all weekend to get the software reloaded and straighten out my email program, etc. (There's still a laundry list of smaller issues to clean up.)

I managed to read one book ("Eclipse" by Richard North Patterson) but only 72 pages into my marriage mentoring studies.

But I HAVE been enjoying time with my kids (especially swimming at the Y and making chocolate-chip cookies) ... and I'm working on another tough but really compelling scene in novel #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment