Sunday, March 22, 2009

Helicopter Organization for Women

If you've read my bio, you know that I have a helicopter pilot license (and you probably also know that a helicopter plays a part in "Last Chance Rescue"). Although I'm not actively flying now, I still maintain my membership in several aviation organizations. One of my favorites is the Whirly-Girls.

Whirly-Girls is a non-profit organization of women helicopter pilots, and they are some of the most amazing, interesting women I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with. My only regret is not having the time to get to know each member!

Every year the Whirly-Girls hold their annual "hovering" (conference) in February. Although I have not been able to attend, this year the group invited me to place my Last Chance Rescue sales cards, etc., in their booth. I also donated a copy of the book for the silent auction (I'm told that a gentleman from Eurocopters was the high bidder). The proceeds of the auction go toward the scholarships that the organization makes available each and every year. It's a small gesture, but I'm honored that I can be a tiny part of more women doing more flying ... and maybe someday I'll be after one of those scholarships myself!

For more information about this wonderful organization, visit http://www.whirlygirls.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment